The Western Digital Global Marketing Communications team is seeking a seasoned Graphic Designer. The candidate will be supporting our world-class design efforts for product launch, packaging, ecommerce, channel, event, marketing campaigns, and additional product support requests. The ideal candidate demonstrates advanced creative skills, strong production capabilities, team collaboration, and the ability to work efficiently to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- · Health savings account
- · Dental insurance
- · Health insurance
- · AD&D insurance
- · 401(k)
- · Adobe Photoshop
- · Editing
- · Adobe Creative Suite
- · Organizational skills
- · Adobe Illustrator
- · Bachelor of Science
- · Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
This person will work with a team of designers, led by a Senior Designer, to meet a wide range of deliverables across our 4 primary product brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Produce high-quality design to brand standards
Deliver creative support to our Product and Channel Marketing teams in collaboration with design team partners, copywriters, project managers, and web developers
Partner closely with Marcom and Design teams for lockstep development and delivery of projects
Design and create a full range of on-brand deliverables such as packaging, digital promotions, web banners, digital assets, collateral, brochures, icons, print ads, and more
Build, edit, prepare, and implement print and web-ready files
Explore new creative options while ensuring alignment with brand guidelines, business objectives, and our long-term strategic vision
Articulate and present winning concepts to management and proactively evangelize cross-functionally to internal teams
· BS/BA degree in Graphic Design or related field strongly preferred
· Minimum 3 years creative in-house or agency experience
· Strong understanding of typography, branding, and design principles
· Experience working for global consumer brands and/or retail channel a plus
· Highly proficient in production, pre-press, and pre-flight preparation of printed files
· Proven ability to meet deadlines and balance workflow in a fast-paced environment
· Strong photo-editing, retouching, file correction, and optimization techniques with pixel-perfect attention to detail
· Proactive, self-motivated, organized, and team-oriented
· Quick learner with excellent time management and organizational skills
· Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) (XD a plus)
· Working knowledge of Microsoft products and Workfront a plus
· An excellent online portfolio showcasing your design, typographic, and visual composition aesthetic across multiple design challenges (no need to share UI/UX for this position)
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at email@example.com advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Post a Comment